Image Map

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Time to Organize

I have tried every type of planner in the world.
Seriously, every.single.one.

On my phone doesn't work for me because I haven't found any app that provides me with enough space to keep track of all the places the Hoots need to be and all the things that I have to get done.
My hubby wasn't very good about syncing his calendar and it just frustrated me to have to check with him constantly.

I have tried a smaller type to keep in my purse so I can pull it out and check schedules when we are out and about.  That worked, until we got home and my planner was in my purse which was probably out in the car or somewhere equally as inconvenient so I just wouldn't write something down.  And then I  would get a phone call asking why Middle Hoot never came to the birthday party that I had already RSVP'd for.  Hypothetically, of course.

I have tried the giant calendar on the fridge.  That worked for keeping things from being doubled booked, but as far as lists and meal planning, it was not helpful.  I didn't want a bunch on things stuck on the fridge so I ended up with random lists all over the place and then gave up because it was not streamlined and was too much to keep track of.  Nevermind the fact that my lists would end up with some random things added to them, like "buy a dog", "take us out for dinner" and "Give me all your money".  Funny I don't remember making my list in crayon.

I have tried a "DIY" type planner where you pick the pages and layouts that you want.  That resulted in me standing in Staples for about an hour and leaving with nothing because I was so overwhelmed by all the choices.  I can't make big decisions on my own and apparently a planner is a really big deal in my head.

So after all that and this being the year that I have to be more organized and together, I googled "awesome planners" and Erin Condren was one of the choices.  I checked them out, waffled over them for a few days (they were a bit more than I wanted to spend) and looked around at other sites before deciding that their Life Planners had everything I needed in one spot.  Their planners are big, detailed and completely personalize-able (yep, that is totally a word).  They come with stickers, lists, and perpetual calendars to keep track of birthdays and anniversaries and the like.

I can't wait for it to come and to get my life in one spot and organized.  Hopefully the Hoots won't miss another birthday party or practice again.  Hypothetically speaking of course.

If you want your life to be organized and your kiddos where they need to be on time, check out www.erincondren.com, you won't be disappointed.

*disclosure-I am not being paid for this post.  I just love these planners.  
The above link is my personal referral link.



No comments:

Post a Comment