Image Map

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year!

The new year is underway and like everyone else, I feel like I have clean blank slate.  I don't know what 2014 will bring, but I know what I would like to see happen this year.

Here are a few of my Goals, Dreams, Resolutions, Desires.  I don't really know what to call them!

1. More crafty time.  Now that the youngest Hoot is about to turn 4 (on Monday, GAH where did the time go??) I think this might actually happen.  He is able to entertain himself for longer periods of time and I don't mind him "helping" me as he is able to understand and be patient and gentle a little more.

2. Get Healthy.  Goes to back to Little Hoot turning 4 again (seriously, why so fast?).  I have not had the time and/or energy to spend on this.  It has pretty much been survival mode since the 3rd Hoot entered the scene, eating whatever was available and sleeping whenever it was possible.  Now that we are out of toddlerhood I think I may be able to fit some time in to make meals and maybe just maybe hit the gym once in a while.

3. Plan Meals and Cook Them.  Every year I buy a fancy planner and think "This is the year I will use this and plan things and meals and be so organized."  Never, ever, ever happens.  So this year I saved my money and dug out an old notebook and a pencil and sat down on New Years Day and planned out meals for the entire month of January.  Hopefully with a month planned out already it will stick.  They say it only takes 21 days to form a habit right?

4. Share My Craftiness.  This is different than having more crafty time.  That is for things for me and my household.  Sharing my craftiness would be finding somewhere to maybe teach a class or two or hosting some sort of craft event.  I also hope to get my etsy shop up and stocked this year which would just be another way to share my craftiness.

5. Let the Little Stuff Go.  So the kids are screaming and the house is a mess?  Instead of immediately freaking out, which is what I most likely would do, I am going to TRY and relax and remember they are only little for such a short time and to enjoy them.  The loud, crazy, messy bunch they are.  Obviously if it is dangerous or inappropriate I will step in and try not to go into crazy mom mode.  You know the one?  The one where your face turns purple and you threaten redonkulus things and it does nothing to stop the insanity and only makes it a billion times worse?  Yeah, that happens way too often around here and I really need to work on it not happen quite so often.

How about you?  Anything you are going to work on 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment