Image Map

Friday, November 1, 2013

From Baby to Little Boy

We are finally getting new carpet in a couple of bedrooms, because…..ewww gross….pretty much sums it up!

One of the rooms has been the nursery since we moved into this house.  The Little Hoot is now 3 and quickly closing in on 4.  So it was time to upgrade from adorable baby animals to something a little more little boy friendly.

I wanted a quick and easy project for wall art since the rest of the makeover would be time consuming and this is what I was able to come up with!

I started with some awesome alphabet flash cards from JustBunch Etsy Shop.  I love them and I am trying to decide what to do on another wall just so I can buy more things!

Then I covered some buttons with scraps of fabric using the handy dandy button coverer thingy (I think that is the technical name).




Next I put anchors in the wall and then put the screws in.  This probably wasn't the best order to do things in (as you will see in a minute) but I wasn't sure how else to get the screws in the wall after the button was glued on the screw.
So I put the screw in the anchor and then used my trusty E-6000 glue and glued those buttons to the screws. 

I had to hold them for a few minutes while I waited for the glue to set.  Which was not the best option.  Because while I was doing that, Little Hoot was coloring on the wall and tile in the kitchen.  With a non-washable crayon.  Who even makes those anymore??  Who even buys those anymore??  I guess it is time to give the crayon bin a good cleaning out as well.

Given the chaos that was happening in the other room.  I had to come up with a better solution then to hold them so I pulled out some Frog tape and taped them in place until the glued dried.  Perfect!

Done!  A simple transition to little boy room.  I still need to do some tweaking and moving around of the cards to get them to hang right, but for now it works and I love the look of it!

I will be back with a complete room makeover after the carpet is installed and all the furniture is put back!





No comments:

Post a Comment