Image Map

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

More God-Sized Dreaming

I think it took me so long to post about Whatever Camp Create because a part of me felt like maybe I didn't belong there.  The other women have amazing dreams and talents and I felt as if my dreams and talents were not on par with theirs.  I didn't have the words to describe it for a long time.  

Friends and family would ask me about it and I would say "it was fun", which it totally was.  
"It was life-changing", again it was but I wasn't exactly sure how life-changing it was yet.  
"It was amazing". Again completely true but I couldn't describe it beyond that.  I didn't know how to explain how leaving was incredibly hard because I wanted to stay in the safe confines of the Craft House where my dream was still just a dream and not something I had to breathe life into and make happen.  I didn't know how to tell them that on my 9 hour drive home, I prayed about my dream, my new friend's dreams and things that I had been avoiding praying about because reality is hard. How I blasted worship music really loud because I am rarely in my car alone and I could totally do it.  I didn't even really know how to tell them what my God-Sized Dream was.  

So I didn't.  

I came home, hugged and kissed my boys, and returned to life as it was before.  

I had purchased a copy of Holley's Book You are Made for a God-Sized Dream before I went to Camp Create.  We also received a copy of it while we were there.  I had decided that I was going to come home and send it a sweet friend with a note telling her to sign it and pass it along to the next person who she thought would benefit from it.

I sent it off to a friend who like me, was a stay at home mama and now her kids were in school full time and she was trying to decide what to do next while still staying in her mama first role.  She likes writing and has toyed with the idea of writing a book, so I thought maybe this would give her the courage and support to follow that dream.

We got together for coffee one morning shortly after she had started reading the book and she told me all about her God-Sized Dream.  And it was completely different than what I had pictured!

She was heading up a program at her children's elementary school to provide backpacks of food for kids who need it over weekends and school breaks.  It was so amazing to sit and listen to her tell me all about the people God had placed in her path to help with this project.  The help, the financial support, and the communities support.  Every detail was taken care of.  It gave me goosebumps to hear her story.  

In that moment, I decided that was the reason I was at Camp Create.  Not just to realize the path God has for me in this next season of life, but to walk beside and support new and old friends in their journeys as well. 
God is already there!


No comments:

Post a Comment