Image Map

Monday, January 12, 2015

God-Sized Dreaming

Back in September I was blessed to attend a little major event called Whatever Camp Create.  It came at a time in my life when I was trying to decide my next steps.  I have been a stay at mama for nearly 11 years and next Fall my baby will head off to kindergarten, so that means it is time for me to decide what I want to do when I grow up.  I know that I didn't want to head back to teaching or hang out in an office all day.  I felt like God was calling me to use some of my creativity and love of vintage things to be my jumping off point.  


So I packed up and headed to Kansas.  Once again it didn't disappoint.  I was star struck because I am a dork.  Meg and Kimberlee, Stephanie AckermanShannan MartinMichelle Allen, and Holley Gerth were the hosts/encouragers/helpers for the week.  They are all so talented and taught us so much.

Holley did sessions with us based on her book You're Made for a God-Sized Dream.
You're Made for a God-Sized Dream




We worked through the book and all the brave souls in the room went around and shared their own God-Sized Dreams.  There were tears and laughter and lots of bonding that happened.  I will never forget these 16 women ever.  I pray for them, encourage them, and support them in their dreams.  They are truly girls God placed in my life for such a time as this.  I would never had met them any other way and one lives 20 minutes from me (Hi Beth!).  His timing is perfect.

My God-Sized Dream is to eventually own a house to use as a crafting retreat.  But since that will happen in God's timing and not my own. Dine and Create was born out of the wait.  I welcome women into my house one night a month and my neighbor provides a delicious meal and I provide a craft.  The goal is for busy women to have a night to relax and enjoy a meal they didn't prepare, eat off dishes they don't have to wash, fellowship with other women, complete a project uninterrupted, and leave feeling fulfilled and inspired. 

We had two Dine and Create nights last year and they were success. We received lots of positive comments and felt like this was something that we needed to continue to do.  We are really looking forward to kicking of 2015 with our first one next week.  I am excited to see where God will take us this year and the people he will introduce into our lives.  

If you are local (Twin Cities, MN) and are interested in attending or learning more, please feel free to contact me.  I would love to share more!

Here are a few pictures from my time in Kansas.  Of course, Meg's blog has more (and better) ones.  I just so busy being star struck to take many!!

Michelle's amazing handiwork on the chalkboard

Bonding around the campfire Braverman Style

Kansas sunflower fields do not disappoint.  

The craft that pushed me out of my crafting comfort zone. 
First we carved the stamp, then we stamped on fabric and made
these cute ornaments.  


No comments:

Post a Comment